The Mason Center for Health Workforce serves as a catalyst and facilitator of community action for health workforce development across Virginia. The Center collaborates with health professionals and educational organizations, policymakers, planners, and other stakeholders to understand issues related to the supply, demand, distribution, and use of health workers in Virginia and to support workforce planning and development. We do this by:
- Using Workforce Data and Advanced Analytics to create long-term growth strategies
- Providing a platform for continuous engagement for sharing professional knowledge, resources, and enriched learning content.
- Connecting Virginia Health workforce to training, continuing education, and certifications for career advancement.
- Providing consultation to local, regional, and state policymakers on health workforce issues.
- Engaging in education-related knowledge translation activities with the potential to improve patient care and clinical outcomes